Your gift ensures the National Eagle Center continues to deliver innovative environmental education programs and exhibits and world class collections of eagles in nature, history and cultures.
How to Donate Stock and Appreciated Assets
With the stock market setting record highs, you may find gifting stock to the National Eagle Center is an easy way to fulfill your charitable goals while protecting your assets from unnecessary taxes. Giving appreciated stock may be even more beneficial to you than giving cash.
When you give the National Eagle Center appreciated securities that you have owned for more than one year you will receive two tax benefits:
- You are entitled to a federal income tax deduction based on the current fair market value of the securities, regardless of their lower original cost.
- You will be exempt from paying capital gains taxes on any increase in value – taxes you would pay if you sold the stock.
Gifts of stock receive a tax deduction and avoid all capital gains taxes. That’s a double tax savings! Consult your tax advisor about your specific situation.
- Instruct your financial advisor to transfer DTC-eligible shares to the following:
- Brokerage Firm: Commonwealth Financial Network
- DTC#: 0226
- Account number: 0QF849282
- Name on this account: EagleWatch, Inc. (This is the National Eagle Center’s corporate name)
- The National Eagle Center’s federal tax ID number (EIN): 41-1817466
- Notify the National Eagle Center of the transfer. Your notification is the only way we can identify your gift when it is received! Please let us know of your generosity by:
- Download and complete our stock transfer form and mail it to:
National Eagle Center
50 Pembroke Ave.
Wabasha, MN 55981
If you or your financial advisor have any questions please contact Andrea Chapman at 651-565-4989 or [email protected]