National Eagle Center River Cruises
What’s better than seeing an eagle up close? Experiencing it in its natural habitat on the beautiful mighty Mississippi River!
Our On The River cruises provide you with a unique floating classroom experience and the opportunity to view Bald Eagles and other native wildlife that call the Upper Mississippi River Valley home. These seasonal cruises are guided by our expert naturalists and give you plenty of opportunities to learn about eagle biology and behavior and the wide variety of birds, fish, and wildlife that you will observe and encounter.
Reserve your spot on board and experience Bald Eagle territory like never before!
Available seasonally May through October.
What to expect
- Cruises are experienced aboard the Cal Fremling tour boat
- Cruises begin at 2:00 pm at a pre-determined meeting location in Winona*
- Receive classroom-style program as you travel
- Cruises conclude around 4:00 pm
- Attendees are sent meeting instructions via email prior to the day of the cruise.
- Participants should dress for the weather and bring their own binoculars, spotting scopes, and cameras if desired
- Wheelchair accessible
*Cruises scheduled for June 24 & 25 are currently planned to board in Wabasha
Please note: While there are no age restrictions, we do not recommend these experiences for young children who may not handle sitting on a boat for long periods of time.
Not yet a member? Become one today and save!
2023 Cruise Schedule
NOTICE: OUR MAY CRUISES HAVE BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO LINGERING FLOOD CONDITIONS.
REGISTRANTS WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR FULL REFUNDS OR TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CRUISE DATE.
** Cruise happening in Wabasha, MN
Is your desired date sold out? Get on the waiting list and we’ll contact you if seats become available.
For a full refund, reservations must be canceled by 5 pm three days prior to your cruise.
Registrants for any cruises canceled by the Center will receive a full refund.